Saturday, February 9, 2008

Why Sun Microsystems sales are crap?

They wonder why, part of the problem is the support. StorageTek might be marketing leaders in physical tape libraries but I believe they are going away sooner than later. Mainly I think because their technical support is crap. I've had nothing but average to bad experiences with them. This last time was in the middle of the night and they were reluctant to come out. When I got sick of waiting and finally fixed it myself I agreed to have them come out the next day they never did come out. They gave excuse after excuse and I finally gave up. Would I recommend them? If you don't have StorageTek products, I'd say no, buy 2 VTLs instead and duplicate offsite.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd have to disagree. We've had good support from Storage Tek.

The phone support has been great when it was actually even needed. Their physical support has also been just fine.

Our library has never seriously broke down...the drives yea of course, but they come out and replace those no problems.

If anything I would say there are newer libraries coming out with better features..can't say they'll be as reliable though.